question about the w&w tour
slipperbass
2008-02-05 03:57:11 UTC
does anyone in this group remember seing the 77 tour especially in england?
was there anything particular going on from a visual point of view (lights
special efects etc...) during your own special way and all in a mouses
night?
thanks
MH
2008-02-05 18:35:38 UTC
does anyone in this group remember seing the 77 tour especially in england? was there anything particular going on from a
visual point of view (lights special efects etc...) during your own special way and all in a mouses night?
thanks
I was at Earls Court in June 77, and I'm pretty sure they didn't play
those songs....

MH.
Mark Rae
2008-02-05 18:48:25 UTC
Post by MH
Post by slipperbass
does anyone in this group remember seing the 77 tour especially in
england? was there anything particular going on from a visual point of
view (lights special efects etc...) during your own special way and all
in a mouses night?
thanks
I was at Earls Court in June 77, and I'm pretty sure they didn't play
those songs....
24 / 25 June 1977

Squonk
One For The Vine
Robbery, Assault And Battery
Inside And Out
Firth Of Fifth
The Carpet Crawlers
In That Quiet Earth...Afterglow
I Know What I Like
11th Earl Of Mar
Supper's Ready
Dance On A Volcano...drum duet...Los Endos
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway...The Musical Box (closing section)
The Knife
Theo Gluck
now THAT'S a set list!
Nic
2008-02-06 19:58:04 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by MH
Post by slipperbass
[...]
Wow, that was the sh*t, before the shit.

NC
Marko
2008-02-06 23:58:19 UTC
Post by Nic
Wow, that was the sh*t, before the shit.
Yup, the 70's, if there's been a better time to be alive I'm not
aware of it. In Genesis terms I'd give it all the way to 1981, but
that's close to enough to tie it to everything else going to hell.

Nancy Reagan, man, she orchestrated it all, probably still is in
some bunker buried deep in the earth.

Mark
Mark Rae
2008-02-07 02:19:20 UTC
Post by Marko
Yup, the 70's, if there's been a better time to be alive I'm not
aware of it. In Genesis terms I'd give it all the way to 1981, but
that's close to enough to tie it to everything else going to hell.
I've always reckoned that 1948 was *the* year to be born - imagine being 19
in 1967...
Newsgroups
Not that you'd remember any of it now.
Godolphin&fellow
2008-02-07 10:01:04 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Marko
Yup, the 70's, if there's been a better time to be alive I'm not
aware of it. In Genesis terms I'd give it all the way to 1981, but
that's close to enough to tie it to everything else going to hell.
I've always reckoned that 1948 was *the* year to be born - imagine being 19
in 1967...
That brings back how in my later teenage years, in particular, I often
use to think I was born several years too late. In another sense it
seemed I was born about 70 years too late... But sure glad I wasn't
born to have grown up in the 1950's thinking early Rock-n-Roll was
just 'the end-all' when it came to what music was supposed to sound
like.
slipperbass
MH.
Mark Rae
Correct.
Sal Video
thanks
phlip
2008-02-07 18:27:24 UTC
Post by slipperbass
does anyone in this group remember seing the 77 tour especially in
england? was there anything particular going on from a visual point of
view (lights special efects etc...) during your own special way and all
in a mouses night?
thanks
Imagine the on-stage costuming possibilities if Peter was still in the band
for "All In A Mouse's Night" ala "Slippermen". :-D (And I know, I know,
Peter would've never allowed that song, etc, etc.)

Phlip