First Impression/Slippermen in Hamilton Last Night
progea
2008-06-15 15:17:03 UTC
Probably 200-300 attending at the Studio Theatre in the Hamilton
Place.

Setlist for First Impression (formerly Seven Virgins and a Mule) Total
time: 50 min

First Impression Part 2

Hoe Down

Knife Edge

Bitches Crystal

Lucky Man

Tarkus

Setlist for Slippermen Total time: 160 min

Squonk

One for the Vine

The Carpet Crawlers

Firth of Fifth

Robbery Assault and Battery

Your Own Special Way

Eleventh Earl of Mar

Unquiet Slumbers for the Sleepers/In That Quiet Earth/Afterglow

All in a Mouse's Night

Supper's Ready

Dance on a Volcano

Los Endos

Encore I:

Lilywhite Lilith/The Waiting Room Intro/The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway/
The Musical Box Outro

Encore II:

In the Cage

What I hated: doors opening too late and table reservations - Reserved
for the Raduzzo family. The Raduzzo family never showed up, giving way
to a very noisy guy, who probably narrowly escaped beating last might.
Of two other noisy guys at a front table, one was quieted with a
watter bottle lid thrown at him. He actually fell asleep during "The
Guaranteed Eternal Sanctuary Man", woke up during "Appocalypse in 9/8"
and kept on drowsing thereafter.

What I liked: sing along audience, kids enjoying the show and the
discovery of the grand piano in the backstage after the show's end,
with Francois Fournier of Slippermen doing "Cul-de-Sac" on it, and
Steve Andersen of First Impression doing the middle section of "Take a
Pebble" and "Benny the Bouncer" with Jamie Canivet of First Impression
on vocals. Also, someone came from as far as Waterloo, ON to see the
show and he asked me to keep him posted with shows I attend so he too
can plan to come.

Thanks to Joseph G. for organizing the fan pre-show gathering at The
Honest Lawyer (geez, what an absurd name) with Milton Keynes '82 in
the background. And also for giving me a ride back.
Jim Brown
progea
2008-06-16 16:33:16 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
Sounds like a good night out to me!
It was, indeed, thank you! It was only in the end that I spotted
something else: on Frank's bass loudspeaker, near his drum kit, a
(waxen?) sculpture of a lamb lying down...