A Curious Feeling Reissue
jonny
2009-10-17 12:55:41 UTC
Tony Banks first solo album is remastered and reissued on Monday 19th
October, 30 years after its original release.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Curious_Feeling
http://www.progarchives.com/Review.asp?id=235612

2009 CD (Esoteric Recordings ECLEC 2160)

1. From the Undertow
2. Lucky Me
3. The Lie
4. After the Lie
5. A Curious Feeling
6. Forever Morning
7. You
8. Somebody Else's Dream
9. The Waters of Lethe
10. For a While
11. In the Dark

2009 DVD (Deluxe Limited Hardback Edition only - Esoteric Recordings
ECLEC 22161)

5.1 Surround Sound Mixes

1. From the Undertow
2. Lucky Me
3. The Lie
4. After the Lie
5. A Curious Feeling
6. Forever Morning
7. You
8. Somebody Else's Dream
9. The Waters of Lethe
10. For a While
11. In the Dark

1979 Promotional films

1. For a While
2. The Waters of Lethe

+ 20 page book

* Kim Beacon: Vocals
* Chester Thompson: Drums and percussion
* Tony Banks: Keyboards, guitars, basses & percussion

This is a great album and IMHO a better album than Hackett's 'Spectral
Mornings', the stand out tracks for me are 'Somebody Else's Dream' and
'The Waters of Lethe'.

Does anyone have any information about Kim Beacon, Wikipedia have an
article about String Driven Thing, but doesn't have much information
about Kim, and Google doesn't seem to bring much up about him.
progea
2009-10-17 14:35:44 UTC
That poppy and with that unbearable voice? No way.
jonny
2009-10-17 17:26:27 UTC
Post by progea
Post by jonny
This is a great album and IMHO a better album than Hackett's 'Spectral
Mornings',
That poppy and with that unbearable voice? No way.
No, you're thinking of 'The Fugitive' :)

Actually it's better than both 'Please Don't Touch' AND 'Spectral
Mornings' (although I think 'Spectral Mornings' is a good album).
progea
2009-10-18 14:50:43 UTC
Post by jonny
Post by progea
Post by jonny
This is a great album and IMHO a better album than Hackett's 'Spectral
Mornings',
That poppy and with that unbearable voice? No way.
No, you're thinking of 'The Fugitive' :)
Nope, I'm thinking of "A Curious Feeling".
Better than both those albums ALTOGETHER, right? :P
Covenant
2009-10-17 20:03:11 UTC
Post by jonny
This is a great album and IMHO a better album than Hackett's 'Spectral
Mornings', ...
Well, obviously you are entitled to your opinion...

I like A Curious Feeling..

But I also think you're on crack !

;' )
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Krissy and Marc G
2009-10-29 04:36:56 UTC
I'm a big Tony Banks fan
I'd like to get the re-issue
it sounds interesting !
Harlequin
2009-10-29 14:52:38 UTC
Post by Krissy and Marc G
I'm a big Tony Banks fan
I'd like to get the re-issue
it sounds interesting !
So would I !
Mark Rae
2009-10-29 15:29:16 UTC
Post by Krissy and Marc G
I'm a big Tony Banks fan
I'd like to get the re-issue
So would I!
It's actually quite easy...
Harlequin
2009-11-03 13:55:22 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Krissy and Marc G
I'm a big Tony Banks fan
I'd like to get the re-issue
So would I!
It's actually quite easy...
I've just ordered it!
Mark Rae
2009-11-03 16:42:29 UTC
Post by Harlequin
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Krissy and Marc G
I'm a big Tony Banks fan
I'd like to get the re-issue
So would I!
It's actually quite easy...
I've just ordered it!
Wow! That's pretty impressive...
jonny
2009-11-03 20:04:30 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Harlequin
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Krissy and Marc G
I'm a big Tony Banks fan
I'd like to get the re-issue
So would I!
It's actually quite easy...
I've just ordered it!
Wow! That's pretty impressive...
Shame the album is not available on iTunes, although the 'For A While'
single is.

Oh well off to Amazon then...

Mark Rae
2009-10-29 15:28:48 UTC