One for the Vine - see me perform it
Chris Lawley
2009-02-01 15:55:35 UTC
Please watch my latest video, my version of Genesis' One for The Vine at:

Chris
Chuck
2009-02-03 10:50:21 UTC
Post by Chris Lawley
http://youtu.be/sostkugEpfo
Chris
You know I'm a big fan of your work Chris. However, if you don't mind
a bit of constructive criticism I find your singer a bit "cringe
inducing". I still want to hear you do 'Can Utility and the
Coastliners'. :-)
CB
Jim Brown
CB
Chuck
2009-02-03 16:02:33 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
Got to agree, Brad just didn't have the voice for this song.
As always, loved your take on the instrumental though. When can we get Can
Utility?
With all we are paying for this, wasn't Phil available at a reasonable
price, Chris? With the exces$ get Pete to do Can Utility. :-)
Thanks, you are very talented.
CB
Chris Lawley
2009-02-05 03:43:26 UTC
That's so strange, because I thought this was one of the best jobs he's done
on vocals. I really like what he did for One for the Vine. I guess each to
his own. Thanks all of you who complimented me. I appreciate your words.
Can Utility is a definite possibility. So many songs but so little time.
:( Thanks again guys for watching!
Chris
CB
Newsgroups

Chris
Umberto
2009-02-06 10:29:14 UTC
Post by Newsgroups
You see, it's just that everyone here imagines he can do a better job. It
all sounds so much better in the shower, doesn't it?
:-)
Jim
Agree. When I sing (and I am alone) I usually can't explain why a guy as
gifted as me, which such a heavenly voice, is not the singer in a famous
band. Then I listen to my *recorded* voice...and it sounds a real CRAP!
Sal Video
2009-02-03 19:08:33 UTC
I was going to ask for an interactive version where you can dump those
horrendous vocals.

The high part almost broke my speakers.
CB
progea
2009-02-04 03:56:44 UTC
Post by Chris Lawley
http://youtu.be/sostkugEpfo
Chris
I was wondering: why, among others in the video, the image of the
Ayers Rock in Australia, if I got it right?
Godolphin&fellow
2009-02-04 17:35:17 UTC
Post by Chris Lawley
http://youtu.be/sostkugEpfo
Chris
Very good, as usual. - As I said before... given your talents I'd like
to hear you doing some of your own music. (Recreating things can only
go so far.)

I find Brad vocals FAR from 'horrendous' or whatever... an admirable
job it seems to me.
Mark Rae
2009-02-04 17:42:08 UTC
given your talents I'd like to hear you doing some of your own music.
(Recreating things can only go so far.)
I couldn't agree more - what a waste of such considerable musical talent...
I'm with the other replies on this one - the singing is truly dreadful...
j***@hotmail.com
2009-02-06 00:46:17 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Godolphin&fellow
I find Brad vocals FAR from 'horrendous' or whatever... an admirable
job it seems to me.
I'm with the other replies on this one - the singing is truly dreadful...
Sounds like he's trying to do Billy Corgan, or something in that
league. It doesn't really work for this song, but I can imagine it
sounding better on a different type of piece.