home by the sea versus "hey hey guy"
unknown
2008-09-06 18:12:49 UTC
i listen tot "hey hey guy" by ken laszlo and there's a sequence at 6.30
in the 12 inch that just sounds like Home By The sea by Genesis.

listen to the part at 6.30

unknown
2008-09-06 18:45:02 UTC
Post by unknown
i listen tot "hey hey guy" by ken laszlo and there's a sequence at
6.30 in the 12 inch that just sounds like Home By The sea by Genesis.
listen to the part at 6.30
http://youtu.be/Mz6EijdvyFw
here is the same part in the genesis video: starts at around 5:23

progea
2008-09-07 13:57:13 UTC
I've heard this before and was equally surprised but I forgot about
it. Not to mention the beginning, the basic tempo throughout the song,
is like slightly slowed down ABACAB.
Gijs Rietveld
2008-09-07 15:52:04 UTC
i listen tot "hey hey guy" by ken laszlo and there's a sequence at 6.30 in
the 12 inch that just sounds like Home By The sea by Genesis.
listen to the part at 6.30
http://youtu.be/Mz6EijdvyFw
Klopt, gewoon gejat!
Maar: wie was eerder?
Gijs
unknown
2008-09-07 18:54:52 UTC
Post by Gijs Rietveld
i listen tot "hey hey guy" by ken laszlo and there's a sequence at 6.30 in
the 12 inch that just sounds like Home By The sea by Genesis.
listen to the part at 6.30
http://youtu.be/Mz6EijdvyFw
Klopt, gewoon gejat!
Maar: wie was eerder?
Gijs
wiki gives us the answer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_by_the_Sea

1983

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Laszlo#Singles

1984

I should have known, the italians are maffiosi, they steal everything!
progea
2008-09-09 01:18:42 UTC
Post by unknown
I should have known, the italians are maffiosi, they steal everything!
Even a Hungarian last name...