Bill Nelson Practically Wired
Nivens
2009-03-01 15:55:37 UTC
Would anyone care to offer their opinion on this album or suggest a favorite
Bill Nelson post BeBopDeluxe recording?
Mark Rae
2009-03-01 16:32:43 UTC
Post by Nivens
Would anyone care to offer their opinion on this album
I like it.
Sound On Sound.
JF
2009-03-02 18:24:16 UTC
Post by Nivens
or suggest a favorite Bill Nelson post BeBopDeluxe recording?
Sound On Sound.
A classic case of shooting yourself in the foot if ever there was one.
Nelson disbanded the excellent Be-Bop Deluxe, a clever combination of
Roxy/Bowie meets heavy rock,
to try and jump on the "new wave" bandwagon which was sweeping the UK
at the time, the results can be
heard on the dreadful Red Noise album "Sound On Sound".
After that failed miserably he then split Red Noise and fancied
himself as a poor man's Eno
and released 1,000's of ambient style stuff, which, to my knowledge he
is still doing.
I gave up on him yonks ago but I would recommend "Quit dreaming and
get on the beam" which was released in 1981 and is available on cd,
remastered with a few bonus tracks.
Mark Rae
2009-03-02 19:46:21 UTC
I disagree completely - Sound on Sound is superb, IMO.
JF
2009-03-02 22:33:05 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by JF
the dreadful Red Noise album "Sound On Sound".
I disagree completely - Sound on Sound is superb, IMO.
I just flicked through "Sound On Sound" and there are, imo, only about
2 maybe 3 good tracks on it.
I suppose the sound of things to come were evident on the last Be-Bop
album, the disappointing "Drastic Plastic" which wasn't a patch on
their previous 4 albums, the superb "Suburst Finish" being my personal
favourite. I saw them 3 times at the Glasgow Apollo....great, great
band....what a waste.
Jim Brown
2009-03-04 16:32:48 UTC
Got to agree that BBD one of the most underrated bands ever (I only saw them
the once at Glasgow). For the more casual listener the "Air Age" anthology
double CD is excellent but I can 100% recommend the first three albums.
Sound on sound is not as immediate, but a cracking album all the same.
band....what a waste.
jon.in.durham
2009-03-15 15:45:37 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by JF
the dreadful Red Noise album "Sound On Sound".
I disagree completely - Sound on Sound is superb, IMO.
I just flicked through "Sound On Sound" and there are, imo, only about
2 maybe 3 good tracks on it.
I suppose the sound of things to come were evident on the last Be-Bop
album, the disappointing "Drastic Plastic" which wasn't a patch on
their previous 4 albums, the superb "Suburst Finish" being my personal
favourite. I saw them 3 times at the Glasgow Apollo....great, great
band....what a waste.
'Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape' is a great track, with a great
guitar solo, but at the time a lot of people thought Be-Bop Deluxe where
a poor man's Bowie/Roxy.
h***@gmail.com
2009-03-26 11:19:16 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by JF
the dreadful Red Noise album "Sound On Sound".
I disagree completely - Sound on Sound is superb, IMO.
I just flicked through "Sound On Sound" and there are, imo, only about
2 maybe 3 good tracks on it.
I suppose the sound of things to come were evident on the last Be-Bop
album, the disappointing "Drastic Plastic" which wasn't a patch on
their previous 4 albums, the superb "Suburst Finish" being my personal
favourite. I saw them 3 times at the Glasgow Apollo....great, great
band....what a waste.
'Adventures in a Yorkshire Landscape' is a great track, with a great
guitar solo, but at the time a lot of people thought Be-Bop Deluxe where
a poor man's Bowie/Roxy.- Ocultar texto citado -
- Mostrar texto citado -

amy
2009-03-04 01:21:25 UTC
Post by Nivens
Would anyone care to offer their opinion on this album or suggest a favorite
Bill Nelson post BeBopDeluxe recording?
Pick up Vistamix. Although dated it was/is a study in studio technique
and using a guitar for everything other than blues riffs.