I saw Peter Gabriel for the 8th time last week in Toronto
Chairman Priebus
2012-09-29 03:52:42 UTC
He's still not boring.
Chairman Priebus
2012-09-29 03:54:01 UTC
Post by Chairman Priebus
He's still not boring.
Meanwhile, my colleague listens to Phil on his headset and the
children complain!
Chairman Priebus
2012-09-29 04:03:46 UTC
Will Dockery
2016-06-10 00:50:14 UTC
Post by Chairman Priebus
Post by Chairman Priebus
Post by Chairman Priebus
He's still not boring.
Meanwhile, my colleague listens to Phil on his headset and the
children complain!
My first Genesis show was in 1972.
They opened for Lou Reed at Massey Hall in Toronto.
I used to go to Genesis and Peter Gabriel shows and watch the opening
acts.
Then I ignored the opening acts and showed up late.
I don't do that anymore.
Over at Nimbus 9 studios in Toronto back in 1976. These are the
pictures of making his first album with Bob Ezrin.
http://synergy-emusic.com/petergabrielpix/pg1/pg1pix.htm
In 1976, The Ramones played Toronto and Peter Gabriel saw the show.
He said "It's all shit".
He was wrong, and he was too early to know.
He's a different man now.
A lot of people seem to have been there, Genesis wwith Lou reed, wow.
Post by Chairman Priebus
I became a member of "the Moon Club" yesterday.
It's Peter Gabriel's on-line club.
Shit, the first time I saw Peter Gabriel was when his act Genesis opened for
Lou Reed at Toronto's Massey Hall back in 1972. I was a kid.
My brother dragged his kid brother (me) down there to see Lou Reed!
It's great having an older brother!
I am stunned to learn that Peter Gabriel and band opened for Lou Reed.

I read a brief mention of this in the Peter Gabriel biography "Without Frontiers", and looked it up here for details.

Zounds, the mind boggles.

:)