...they say a snow year's a good year...
jonny
2010-01-08 20:27:38 UTC
Snowbound Lyrics by Genesis

Lay your body down upon the midnight snow
Feel the cold of winter in your hair
Here in a world of your own
In a casing that's grown
To the children's delight
That arrived on the night

Here they come to play their magic games
Carving names upon your frozen hand
Here in a world of your own
Like a sleeper whose eyes
Sees the pain with surprise
As it smothers your cries
They'll never, never know

Hey there's a Snowman
Hey, hey what a Snowman
Pray for the Snowman
Ooh, ooh what a Snowman
They say a snow year's a good year
Filled with the love of all who lie so deep

Smiling faces tear your body to the ground
Covered red that only we can see
Here in a ball that they made
From the snow on the ground
See it rolling away
With wild eyes to the sky
They'll never, never know

Hey there's a Snowman
Hey what a Snowman
Pray for the Snowman
Ooh, ooh what a Snowman
They say a snow year's a good year
Filled with the love of all who lie so deep

Hey there goes the Snowman
Hey there what a Snowman
Hey there lies a Snowman
Hey there was a Snowman
They say a snow year's a good year
Filled with the love of all who lie so deep

Hey there goes the Snowman ...

http://www.lyricz.net/
Mark Rae
2010-01-08 20:59:45 UTC
Post by jonny
Snowbound Lyrics by Genesis
Lyrics (and music) by Mike Rutherford
Post by jonny
To the children's delight
To a children's delight
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Post by jonny
Here they come to play their magic games
And here they come to play their magic games
Post by jonny
http://www.lyricz.net/
LOL!
jonny
2010-01-09 13:29:43 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
Snowbound Lyrics by Genesis
Lyrics (and music) by Mike Rutherford
Post by jonny
To the children's delight
To a children's delight
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Post by jonny
Here they come to play their magic games
And here they come to play their magic games
Post by jonny
http://www.lyricz.net/
LOL!
Don't be so pedantic!
Mark Rae
2010-01-09 14:41:28 UTC
Post by jonny
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Don't be so pedantic!
This is a Genesis newsgroup... People who post the band's lyrics because
they think they are meaningful or whatever can be reasonably expected to get
them right...
jonny
2010-01-09 16:17:30 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Don't be so pedantic!
This is a Genesis newsgroup... People who post the band's lyrics because
they think they are meaningful or whatever can be reasonably expected to get
them right...
Well as the lyrics are slightly incorrect, this should nullify any
copyright issues...
brufy
....and anyway, it's a pretty ghastly song.
Paul Westcott
2010-01-09 23:32:33 UTC
Post by brufy
Post by jonny
"jonny" wrote in message
Post by jonny
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Don't be so pedantic!
This is a Genesis newsgroup... People who post the band's lyrics because
they think they are meaningful or whatever can be reasonably expected to get
them right...
Well as the lyrics are slightly incorrect, this should nullify any
copyright issues...
....and anyway, it's a pretty ghastly song.
The verses are fine, but the chorus is pretty embarrassing - "pray for
the snowman" ????

Paul Westcott
Chuck
2010-01-10 14:24:19 UTC
On Jan 9, 3:32�pm, Paul Westcott
Post by Paul Westcott
The verses are fine, but the chorus is pretty embarrassing - "pray for
the snowman" ????
Paul Westcott- Hide quoted text -
I enjoy much of ATTWT but find myself skipping this song for many
years now. The chorus is indeed embarrassing...... pray for the
snowman. lol What? that he doesn't melt in the spring? Mark Rae will
chime in here and say that I sould know the analagous meaning that was
stated in an interview on Sept 12th 1978 at 432 PM in Paris by Armando
Gallo's mothers pet Retriever. =)
CB
Godolphin&fellow
2010-01-15 01:49:58 UTC
On Jan 9, 6:32 pm, Paul Westcott
Post by Paul Westcott
Post by brufy
Post by jonny
"jonny" wrote in message
Post by jonny
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Don't be so pedantic!
This is a Genesis newsgroup... People who post the band's lyrics because
they think they are meaningful or whatever can be reasonably expected to get
them right...
Well as the lyrics are slightly incorrect, this should nullify any
copyright issues...
....and anyway, it's a pretty ghastly song.
The verses are fine, but the chorus is pretty embarrassing - "pray for
the snowman" ????
Paul Westcott
Well I'll be damned! I'm sure I read the words more than once but
always thought it was 'PLAY for the snowman', (which seems to work
better). After a X-mas season or two I realized it's really a darker
version of Frosty the Snowman! Not my favorite from the album but I
always liked it.

jonny
2010-01-10 16:05:37 UTC
Post by brufy
Post by jonny
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
Post by Mark Rae
Post by jonny
That arrived on the night
That arrived overnight
Don't be so pedantic!
This is a Genesis newsgroup... People who post the band's lyrics because
they think they are meaningful or whatever can be reasonably expected to get
them right...
Well as the lyrics are slightly incorrect, this should nullify any
copyright issues...
....and anyway, it's a pretty ghastly song.
But you probably think Rush are a prog rock band!