Live Chat with Tony Smith Today 03/01/08 8pm GMT/1pm ET/noon PT Genesis-Muisc.com Members Only!
progea
2008-03-01 13:07:41 UTC
MySpace blog http://www.myspace.com/genesismusic - yesterday's entry
02/29/08

Friday, February 29, 2008

Live Chat with Tony Smith tomorrow (3/1/08)

Live Chat With Tony Smith, manager of Genesis on Geneis-Music.com

Saturday, March 1st at 8pmGMT/3pmET/noonPT

Genesis-Music.com members only

1:01 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment
progea
2008-03-01 14:33:26 UTC
Correction: I forgot to edit and I actually meant http://blog.myspace.com/genesismusic
- for faster access; sorry!
Merlin
2008-03-04 15:39:37 UTC
MySpace blog http://www.myspace.com/genesismusic- yesterday's entry
02/29/08
Correction: I forgot to edit and I actually meant
http://blog.myspace.com/genesismusic
- for faster access; sorry!>>>>>>>>>
So what exactly was said in the chat room? I can't find a transcription
anywhere.
Any exciting insight?

Merlin
brufy
any insight would be a breath of fresh air! ;-)
e***@gmail.com
2008-03-09 00:24:29 UTC
Post by Merlin
MySpace bloghttp://www.myspace.com/genesismusic-yesterday'sentry
02/29/08
Correction: I forgot to edit and I actually meant
http://blog.myspace.com/genesismusic
- for faster access; sorry!>>>>>>>>>
So what exactly was said in the chat room? I can't find a transcription
anywhere.
Any exciting insight?
Merlin
any insight would be a breath of fresh air!  ;-)- Hide quoted text -
For people on alt.music.genesis:

As can be seen above, some of us have expressed interest in what was
said in the Live Chat with Tony Smith one week ago. Below is an
excerpt from a very recent MySpace bulletin from Steve Birnstihl from
Mississauga, ON, art director of the local PF tribute Floyd Factor
http://www.floydfactor.com . They all have become like personal
friends of mine in real life, in the meantime. I just asked Steve to
share the transcript if he has it. And if he does both, I'll come back
with more.

After all, I showed Steve Sad Ken's extremely important, first hand
experience report on Guy Pratt's last show ever, on alt.music.pink-
floyd, right? Otherwise Steve admitted he wouldn't have known. So I
expect something in return, right? :)

But who would have known unless Sad Ken had attended?

For people on alt.music.pink-floyd:

But in order for Tony Smith to manage Pink Floyd, the band must then
still exist, right. Does it still exist indeed for good? Gilmour
anyone?

----chat transcript----

genesis_rocks
How did you get involved with co-managing Pink Floyd

TonyS
I've been a friend of the bands for years, for most of my life, and
in particular Nick Mason. We both race, we used to share a motor home
together. Steve O'Rourke was probably one of my best friends, it was
a terrible loss when he died. Nick wanted to have someone
representing him in the Floyd's business, it was a natural thing to
do. He came to me, funny enough, when Roger approached to do some
shows with him. He asked me to help him out and do some negotiations,
I did, it was great to be involved.
progea
2008-03-10 15:48:54 UTC
They say the transcript of the chat with Tony Smith has now been
posted on the genesis-music.com web site...
Sad Ken
2008-03-10 21:20:55 UTC
Post by e***@gmail.com
After all, I showed Steve Sad Ken's extremely important, first hand
experience report on Guy Pratt's last show ever, on alt.music.pink-
floyd, right? Otherwise Steve admitted he wouldn't have known. So I
expect something in return, right? :)
But who would have known unless Sad Ken had attended?
This is all very odd. All I did was go to see a show, and bore
everybody with a feeble account when I got home again. And it *seems*
to have unravelled something I had no idea about in the first
place.....

But as for Smith managing them, the clues were always there on the
Piper 40th credits....

Sad Ken - eleven years on amp-f, and still none the wiser
progea
2008-03-11 14:03:20 UTC
Post by Sad Ken
Post by e***@gmail.com
After all, I showed Steve Sad Ken's extremely important, first hand
experience report on Guy Pratt's last show ever, on alt.music.pink-
floyd, right? Otherwise Steve admitted he wouldn't have known. So I
expect something in return, right? :)
But who would have known unless Sad Ken had attended?
This is all very odd. All I did was go to see a show, and bore
everybody with a feeble account when I got home again. And it *seems*
to have unravelled something I had no idea about in the first
place.....
But as for Smith managing them, the clues were always there on the
Piper 40th credits....
Do you mean the late Norman Smith or Tony Smith manager of Genesis? Is
there a connection? I, for one, don't have Piper 40th, only the '67
one. Wiki says Tony Smith co-manages Pink Floyd, together with Paul
Loasby, as of late '07. Thanks!

brufy
and?
progea
2008-03-02 14:38:23 UTC
Friday, February 29, 2008
  Live Chat with Tony Smith tomorrow (3/1/08)
Live Chat With Tony Smith, manager of Genesis on Geneis-Music.com
Saturday, March 1st at 8pmGMT/3pmET/noonPT
Genesis-Music.com members only
1:01 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment
and?
I don't know - just as a reminder for Genesis-Music.com members on
this newsgroup, if any. And also like a sign of life from the Genesis
camp after the last tour...
The ThooTheThouth
2008-03-03 03:09:45 UTC
Friday, February 29, 2008
Live Chat with Tony Smith tomorrow (3/1/08)
Live Chat With Tony Smith, manager of Genesis on Geneis-Music.com
Saturday, March 1st at 8pmGMT/3pmET/noonPT
Genesis-Music.com members only
1:01 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment
and?
I don't know - just as a reminder for Genesis-Music.com members on
this newsgroup, if any. And also like a sign of life from the Genesis
camp after the last tour...
I heard that a huge argument with mud-slinging and name-calling broke
out. Is that true?
progea
2008-03-03 18:18:29 UTC
Friday, February 29, 2008
  Live Chat with Tony Smith tomorrow (3/1/08)
Live Chat With Tony Smith, manager of Genesis on Geneis-Music.com
Saturday, March 1st at 8pmGMT/3pmET/noonPT
Genesis-Music.com members only
1:01 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment
and?
I don't know - just as a reminder for Genesis-Music.com members on
this newsgroup, if any. And also like a sign of life from the Genesis
camp after the last tour...
I heard that a huge argument with mud-slinging and name-calling broke
out.  Is that true?- Hide quoted text -
Where? In their camp? I don't know. I'm not a member. I'm just waiting
to see if someone who's a member comes up with anything. It would be
sad if true,though.

Two of them have stayed together since high-school, so why now?

Anyway, Sal Video above put it better.
The ThooTheThouth
2008-03-03 18:43:32 UTC
Not among the band but during the chat itself involving forum members
brufy
2008-03-04 04:32:00 UTC
Friday, February 29, 2008
  Live Chat with Tony Smith tomorrow (3/1/08)
Live Chat With Tony Smith, manager of Genesis on Geneis-Music.com
Saturday, March 1st at 8pmGMT/3pmET/noonPT
Genesis-Music.com members only
1:01 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment
and?
I don't know - just as a reminder for Genesis-Music.com members on
this newsgroup, if any. And also like a sign of life from the Genesis
camp after the last tour...
I heard that a huge argument with mud-slinging and name-calling broke
out.  Is that true?- Hide quoted text -
Where? In their camp? I don't know. I'm not a member. I'm just waiting
to see if someone who's a member comes up with anything. It would be
sad if true,though.
Two of them have stayed together since high-school, so why now?
Anyway, Sal Video above put it better.
Not among the band but during the chat itself involving forum members- Hide quoted text -
They're an opinionated bunch.

(The forum members, that is.)
Sal Video
2008-03-03 16:50:55 UTC
Friday, February 29, 2008
Live Chat with Tony Smith tomorrow (3/1/08)
Live Chat With Tony Smith, manager of Genesis on Geneis-Music.com
Saturday, March 1st at 8pmGMT/3pmET/noonPT
Genesis-Music.com members only
1:01 - 0 Comments - 2 Kudos - Add Comment
and?

Look, in 2008 this qualifies as major news in Genesis circles.