The Musical Box
Chuck
2008-08-11 10:55:14 UTC
If you check their website it is a full on promotion of 'Trick of the
Tail' recreation. My question is; who is in the band? Martin Levac
back? Denis doesn't strike me as a Phil clone, does he even play
drums? Are they just using the name around one of the owners (Bassist)
with a whole new line-up? While Denis (Gabriel) has retried? Just a
curious fan.
CB
MartinC
2008-08-11 12:36:10 UTC
Post by Chuck
If you check their website it is a full on promotion of 'Trick of the
Tail' recreation. My question is; who is in the band? Martin Levac
back? Denis doesn't strike me as a Phil clone, does he even play
drums? Are they just using the name around one of the owners (Bassist)
with a whole new line-up? While Denis (Gabriel) has retried? Just a
curious fan.
Martin Levac left TMB last year to re-launch his own project "Turn It On
Again" (which he left as well by now starting a new one called "Dance on a
Volcano").
He was replaced by Gregg Bendian (of the Mahavishnu Project) for the final
"Black Selling" tour.

The new singer for the "Trick" tour will be Ron Belgard, who is an excellent
drummer and originally started with some "80s styled" Phil Collins stuff in
the past. But now he turned his voice (and appearance :-) into "early 70s
Collins" and we've been told that the entire team in Canada is blown away by
his performance...

The Bill Bruford part will be played by Gregg Bendian, the other three
members are still Sebastien Lamothe, Francois Gagnon and David Myers - and
the visual reconstruction is done by Serge Morissette as usual.

So except for the new singer it is still the same band and the same
production team.
Scotto of www.tuesdayafternoonshow.com
Still no US dates announced?
Chuck
2008-08-12 15:45:54 UTC
So I would strongly assume that Denis Gagne (PG) has retired from the
music biz? Gosh I would love to see him recreate a Gariel solo tour,
notably the first leg of Security.(Second choice would be 3/Melt). I
don't even know if he plays the little bit of piano that Pete does.
His talent will be missed.
I look forward to the Trick show.
CB
amy
2008-08-18 03:15:38 UTC
Post by Chuck
So I would strongly assume that Denis Gagne (PG) has retired from the
music biz? Gosh I would love to see him recreate a Gariel solo tour,
notably the first leg of Security.(Second choice would be 3/Melt). I
don't even know if he plays the little bit of piano that Pete does.
His talent will be missed.
I look forward to the Trick show.
CB
He married a Jill clone and she had complications giving birth so he
quit the band and is "growing cabages" and spending his nights
climbing up on the closest thing to a Solsbury Hill in Montreal.
Chuck
2008-08-19 13:55:12 UTC
Post by amy
Post by Chuck
So I would strongly assume that Denis Gagne (PG) has retired from the
music biz? Gosh I would love to see him recreate a Gariel solo tour,
notably the first leg of Security.(Second choice would be 3/Melt). I
don't even know if he plays the little bit of piano that Pete does.
His talent will be missed.
I look forward to the Trick show.
CB
He married a Jill clone and she had complications giving birth so he
quit the band and is "growing cabages" and spending his nights
climbing up on the closest thing to a Solsbury Hill in Montreal.
Cute. So we can expect a solo "album" pretty soon?
CB
amy
2008-08-26 03:47:04 UTC
Post by Chuck
Post by amy
Post by Chuck
So I would strongly assume that Denis Gagne (PG) has retired from the
music biz? Gosh I would love to see him recreate a Gariel solo tour,
notably the first leg of Security.(Second choice would be 3/Melt). I
don't even know if he plays the little bit of piano that Pete does.
His talent will be missed.
I look forward to the Trick show.
CB
He married a Jill clone and she had complications giving birth so he
quit the band and is "growing cabages" and spending his nights
climbing up on the closest thing to a Solsbury Hill in Montreal.
Cute. So we can expect a solo "album" pretty soon?
CB
Uh huh and he will also be dating a Rosanna Arquette look-a-like.