the lamb
Jim Brown
2008-09-02 20:46:12 UTC
Nashville-based recording engineer/producer and a Los Angeles-based
performer have teamed up to create a unique twist on a classic Genesis
album. This fall, Nick D'Virgilio of Spock's Beard fame and
engineer/producer Mark Hornsby are re-recording the Genesis classic The Lamb
Lies Down On Broadway in it's entirety. Produced at Java Jive Studio in
Nashville, the album features some of Music City's best musicians, taking
the songs in a whole new direction.
"We wanted to see what would happen if we exposed the songs to a different
climate of musicians," says D'Virgilio, "The early Genesis recordings are so
musical and very bluesy when you get right down to it. They really lend
themselves to some different interpretations. When it came time to figure
out what label to work with, I remembered working with Shawn on the Amaran's
Plight release and had been really pleased with how that all worked out and
I knew what a big Genesis fan he is, so I'm glad it worked out."
Covenant
2008-09-03 01:25:34 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
[...]
This could either be very interesting...

Or be the biggest mistake in musical history...

(Well.. just behind Mike's re-recording of Tubular Bells)
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
progea
2008-09-03 02:36:20 UTC
On Sep 2, 9:25 pm, "Covenant"
Post by Covenant
This could either be very interesting...
Or be the biggest mistake in musical history...
There is "The Colony of Slippermen" on his MySpace. So, yes, could be
either.

From "Calling..." to "Lamb..." ambitions...
Newsgroups

Mark Rae

Right here.
Mark Rae
2008-09-03 12:21:28 UTC
Post by Covenant
This could either be very interesting...
It could be - Kevin Gilbert's version (with Giraffe) certainly was...
What on earth was he thinking...?
Jim Brown
2008-09-03 13:02:17 UTC
I know how I can make some more money?

Covenant
2008-09-03 22:44:16 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Covenant
This could either be very interesting...
It could be - Kevin Gilbert's version (with Giraffe) certainly was...
Yeah.. Giraffe were okay!
Didn't try to *be* Genesis.. just played it as well as they could.
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Covenant
Or be the biggest mistake in musical history...
(Well.. just behind Mike's re-recording of Tubular Bells)
What on earth was he thinking...?
God only knows...

Wel.. actually... he THOUGHT that using modern digital techniques and
recordings could make it so much better.
Problem is, part of TBs joy was in its rawness.

*Clinical* music often leaves one cold.

shame.