HOF Induction
brufy
2010-03-16 11:22:33 UTC
This might be of interest

Mark Rae
2010-03-16 11:29:35 UTC
Post by brufy
This might be of interest
http://youtu.be/YUxoKrK10mI
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Relayer
2010-03-16 11:34:56 UTC
This might be of http://youtu.be/YUxoKrK10mI
What an unruly crowd. They surely had extra security on hand to keep
the crowd under control.
Mark Rae
2010-03-16 12:02:29 UTC
Post by Relayer
What an unruly crowd.
Not half! Phil Collins wasn't even wearing a tie - what a rebel!
Post by Relayer
They surely had extra security on hand to keep the crowd under control.
I thought at one point that Iggy Pop was going to take his shirt off - but
he didn't...
Harlequin
2010-03-16 14:19:49 UTC
What about these:

http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2010/03/15/genesis-phil-collins-peter-gabriel-reunion/

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/rutherford-glad-he-kept-genesis-gear_1135535

A pity that Gabriel wasn't there.....
Mark Rae
2010-03-16 15:38:19 UTC
Post by Harlequin
http://www.spinnermusic.co.uk/2010/03/15/genesis-phil-collins-peter-gabriel-reunion/
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/rutherford-glad-he-kept-genesis-gear_1135535
Specifically...?
He doesn't seem to think so...
Allan Matthews
2010-03-16 18:43:51 UTC
Post by Relayer
They surely had extra security on hand to keep the crowd under control.
I thought at one point that Iggy Pop was going to take his shirt off - but
he didn't...
Phish?

PHISH?!?!?!?!?

glad I didn't watch the whole sorry thing.

allan
--
allan_matthews[at]bigfoot[dot]com
"And the moral of the story?
raven1
2010-03-19 03:08:06 UTC
On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 14:43:51 -0400, Allan Matthews
Post by Allan Matthews
Post by Relayer
They surely had extra security on hand to keep the crowd under control.
I thought at one point that Iggy Pop was going to take his shirt off - but
he didn't...
Phish?
PHISH?!?!?!?!?
glad I didn't watch the whole sorry thing.
I'm not a particular fan of Phish, but the fact that "Watcher of the
Skies" was performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction by
*anyone* is a fucking landmark to be celebrated from the rooftops, and
their version was pretty credible except for the vocals. Enjoy the
fact that Genesis has finally been recognized for their genius, and
primarily based on the "classic" lineup.
Allan Matthews
2010-03-19 03:31:57 UTC
Post by Allan Matthews
Post by Relayer
They surely had extra security on hand to keep the crowd under control.
I thought at one point that Iggy Pop was going to take his shirt off - but
he didn't...
Phish?
PHISH?!?!?!?!?
glad I didn't watch the whole sorry thing.
I'm not a particular fan of Phish, but the fact that "Watcher of the
Skies" was performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction by
*anyone* is a fucking landmark to be celebrated from the rooftops, and
their version was pretty credible except for the vocals. Enjoy the
fact that Genesis has finally been recognized for their genius, and
primarily based on the "classic" lineup.
The whole HOF thing is a sham. I mean look at the shitty artists who
are in because of their "genius".

allan
Relayer
A vast majority (as we all know) aren't
raven1
2010-03-20 00:01:15 UTC
Post by Allan Matthews
Post by Relayer
They surely had extra security on hand to keep the crowd under control.
I thought at one point that Iggy Pop was going to take his shirt off - but
he didn't...
Phish?
PHISH?!?!?!?!?
glad I didn't watch the whole sorry thing.
I'm not a particular fan of Phish, but the fact that "Watcher of the
Skies" was performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction by
*anyone* is a fucking landmark to be celebrated from the rooftops, and
their version was pretty credible except for the vocals. Enjoy the
fact that Genesis has finally been recognized for their genius, and
primarily based on the "classic" lineup.
The whole HOF thing is a sham. I mean look at the shitty artists who
are in because of their "genius".
Such as?

Come on, man. Genesis is finally receiving mainstream recognition for
their most artistically significant period. You can enjoy it or bitch
about it. I know which approach would make me happier, YMMV.

Umberto
2010-03-19 11:49:07 UTC
Post by raven1
I'm not a particular fan of Phish, but the fact that "Watcher of the
Skies" was performed at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction by
*anyone* is a fucking landmark to be celebrated from the rooftops, and
their version was pretty credible except for the vocals. Enjoy the
fact that Genesis has finally been recognized for their genius, and
primarily based on the "classic" lineup.
I agree 100%.
I mean, listening to the whole intro to WOTS is pretty impressive.
Something absolutely unpredictable. You need to have some balls to play
WOTS in front of that crowd.
Relayer
It was just weird. I noticed Iggy too....
raven1
I've never seen Iggy wearing a shirt before.
progea
2010-03-16 18:52:10 UTC
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100316/ap_en_mu/us_music_rock_hall
Avalon
2010-03-17 15:28:19 UTC
Post by brufy
This might be of interest
http://youtu.be/YUxoKrK10mI
This has got minimal attention in the UK, if fact it was only mentioned
on Ceefax yesterday and then it was just about bloody ABBA!!!