new box set
Jim Brown
2008-09-21 18:35:16 UTC
Just a thought: with the new box set only a month or so away now (looks
pretty good - extras - videos etc) Why no live albums? I would have thought
the surround sound system would have done a fine job handling the halls
acoustics etc. Maybe a live box set? Honestly I could happily live with just
the "Live" & "Seconds out" & if pushed even "Three sides" Everything post
that...no.
As I said, just a thought
Ian Andrew Schneider
2008-09-26 19:19:59 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
Just a thought: with the new box set only a month or so away now (looks
pretty good - extras - videos etc) Why no live albums? I would have thought
the surround sound system would have done a fine job handling the halls
acoustics etc. Maybe a live box set? Honestly I could happily live with just
the "Live" & "Seconds out" & if pushed even "Three sides" Everything post
that...no.
As I said, just a thought
I think your question is answered by Michael Rutherford's asking
online: which shows do you guys want? Which ios English for: tell us
that which you will pay for, and so you shall have! Asked as baldly
as Phil's head - SO, in my opinion:

they are being smart. About every 8 months, like the Dave Matthews
Band, they are going to release the shows we all want to hear,
soundboard, 5.1 digitally remastered.

/ian/
Vocalize
/ian/
Ian Andrew Schneider
2008-10-03 18:29:40 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
Just a thought: with the new box set only a month or so away now (looks
pretty good - extras - videos etc) Why no live albums? I would have thought
the surround sound system would have done a fine job handling the halls
acoustics etc. Maybe a live box set? Honestly I could happily live with just
the "Live" & "Seconds out" & if pushed even "Three sides" Everything post
that...no.
As I said, just a thought
I think your question is answered by Michael Rutherford's asking
online: which shows do you guys want?  Which ios English for: tell us
that which you will pay for, and so you shall have!  Asked as baldly
they are being smart.  About every 8 months, like the Dave Matthews
Band, they are going to release the shows we all want to hear,
soundboard, 5.1 digitally remastered.
/ian/
I respectfully suggest that you are writing as generation Y: "[GIMME
ALL YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY FOR FREE DAMN IT!] attitude pervades.
Damn straight, they every RIGHT to milk anything that belongs to them.
have I spent way too much of my money on them? no. because it is
THEIR money now.

DON'T STEAL MUSIC - I remember that was the sleeve when Three Sides
Live was released. I am not suggesting that the milk accusation
person is a napster GIMMEGIMMEGIMME thief, I am justifying the band's
*good sense* in milking that which anyone under 35 steals.

Ever think: the reason there is no good music is because no one pays
for it anymore?????

/Ian Andrew Schneider/
Jim Brown
2008-10-04 10:31:06 UTC
I think that there is a load of "good" music out there if you are prepared
to look for it. Okay, Genesis are dry at the moment but even in that vain,
Steve & his brother John (sic) are putting out some superb stuff. The new
Marrillion album is very good and so much more.

/Ian Andrew Schneider/
Slubberdegullion
2008-10-07 18:39:14 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
I think that there is a load of "good" music out there if you are prepared
to look for it. Okay, Genesis are dry at the moment but even in that vain,
Steve & his brother John (sic) are putting out some superb stuff. The new
Marrillion album is very good and so much more.
Ever think: the reason there is no good music is because no one pays
for it anymore?????
/Ian Andrew Schneider/
And also much less obvious routes as well...

Big Big Train
Days Between Stations
The Pineapple Thief
The Tangent
Pure Reason Revolution
Touchstone
Beardfish
Little Atlas
A Perfect Circle

etc etc

Cheers

Slub

(and yes the Marillion album - "Happiness is the road" is
abso-fucking-lutely brilliant"