(OT) Michael Jackson RIP
Mad Mike
2009-06-26 09:54:31 UTC
Whatever we might have thought about Michael Jackson as a person, his
talent, influence and far-reaching humanitarianism were undeniable. A
full ten percent of the US population owns a copy of "Thriller" (I
doubt that many even own a copy of the Bible). Plus - and I've said
this since 1985 - anyone who played on "We Are The World" is 100% cool
in my book. MJ CO-WROTE the friggin' song. A sad day indeed.

It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to hear, after the autopsy,
that he went the Elvis route and died of a prescription drug overdose.
BijouDrains
2009-06-26 13:52:54 UTC
Post by Mad Mike
Whatever we might have thought about Michael Jackson as a person, his
talent, influence and far-reaching humanitarianism were undeniable. A
full ten percent of the US population owns a copy of "Thriller" (I
doubt that many even own a copy of the Bible). Plus - and I've said
this since 1985 - anyone who played on "We Are The World" is 100% cool
in my book. MJ CO-WROTE the friggin' song. A sad day indeed.
It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to hear, after the autopsy,
that he went the Elvis route and died of a prescription drug overdose.
I think that's exactly what happened. What a sad story. He was such
a normal looking, handsome kid when he released Off the Wall and after
that he just went downhill. What a talent and such a shame to see him
suffer like that over the years. His parents really screwed him
up...and the rest of the family too. Just sad all around.

Ted
Jim Brown
2009-06-28 08:16:05 UTC
And his history was so tightly intertwined with Genesis we have to get this
sycophantic dribble in this normally sedate sanctuary of prog...
Please don't post any more about this child abusing Rn'B act in a Genesis
NG.
You have the rest of the world to do it in and from where I'm viewing it,
you appear to be well catered for at the moment.

Ted
Godolphin&fellow
2009-06-29 00:01:50 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
And his history was so tightly intertwined with Genesis we have to get this
sycophantic dribble in this normally sedate sanctuary of prog...
There may be a legitimate YES connection though... seems to me, at
times anyway, there has been an indefinite but recognizable
alternation of trends between high-pitched and lower pitched lead
singers. In the early to mid-70s the fashion tended toward the former.
Maybe MJ's (and Donny Osmond too!) ultra-high vocals helped create
the trend that nudged 2 or 3 Yes songs into greater AM-popularity.

(Some people, believe it or not, probably find this idea falls into
the 'specious at best' category. ...Some people say they like it.)
jimzez5
2009-07-01 01:47:57 UTC
There may be a  legitimate YES connection though...
Speaking of a connection...didn't know there was one between Michael
Jackson and Farrah Fawcett who both died the same day. Appearently
MJ's first girlfriend was Tatum O'Neal, daughter of Ryan, who as you
know was in a long term relationship with Farrah.
rdude
2009-12-28 21:46:35 UTC
Post by Jim Brown
And his history was so tightly intertwined with Genesis we have to get this
sycophantic dribble in this normally sedate sanctuary of prog...
Please don't post any more about this child abusing Rn'B act in a Genesis
NG.
You have the rest of the world to do it in and from where I'm viewing it,
you appear to be well catered for at the moment.
Well said. I for one am glad he's dead. He had no talent, and was a
complete lunatic/psycho. all of his "music" should be banned.