Help Needed....
Covenant
2008-03-09 04:15:52 UTC

OKay, NOTHING to do with Genesis

This is a cartoon, I always thought it was a Friz Freling one but I could be
WAY off base.

Story is a dog and a cat are friends (Bulldog type) and the dog gets hit on
the foot and starts dancing around *singing* "Oh-Ah-EE!" and then something
that sounds spanish-ish to me.

He is *discovered* by a Beat joint called The Hungry Me.

The cat always plays a little piano intro and then whcks the dog on the foot
to make him *sing*

Eventually they make it to a big theatre (Carnegie Hall?) and the dog (by
this time with heavily bandaged foot) is dreading being whacked again.
This time the cat has a gold hammer to hit him with.
Plays the intro, hits out with hammer, but the dog has raised his foot.
Cat tries to hit dog repeatedly, dog keeps moving.
Eventually the dog gets the hammer and hits the cat's foot and IT starts
doing the dance and song.

They end up back at the Hungry Me with the cat doing the act (I think)

WHAT IS THIS CARTOONS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!?????????
--
Covenant
A Man Going Out Of His Tiny Little Mind......
Michael A. Clem
Sorry, doesn't ring any bells with me.
Covenant
2008-03-12 03:04:04 UTC
Post by Michael A. Clem
Post by Covenant
OKay, NOTHING to do with Genesis
This is a cartoon, I always thought it was a Friz Freling one but I could
be WAY off base.
WHAT IS THIS CARTOONS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Sorry, doesn't ring any bells with me.
I found it! (Well info anyway...)

Its called Corny Concerto.
(Not to be mistaken with the Warner Bros " *A* Corny Concerto")
By Walter Lanz
(I KNEW it was Woody Woodpecker style animation!)

The cat was called Doc!
The pair of them were actually together in about 4 or 5 toons.
Doc and The Champ !

And of course putting Corny Concerto into Youtube brings back 9 million
hits...
ALL of them for the Warner Bros toon !!!!!

Anyone out there GOT this by any chance???
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
n***@sysadmininc.com
2008-03-12 04:00:18 UTC
Ever throught about posting in alt.binaries.multimedia.cartoons.vintage ?
Covenant
2008-03-12 21:53:14 UTC
Post by n***@sysadmininc.com
Ever throught about posting in alt.binaries.multimedia.cartoons.vintage ?
I've tried the only animation binary groups my server carries...

Don't suppose you'd want to ask in there if anyone has it and they could
crosspost it to alt.binaries.animations??

;' )))
n***@sysadmininc.com
2008-03-12 22:20:16 UTC
Post by Covenant
I've tried the only animation binary groups my server carries...
Don't suppose you'd want to ask in there if anyone has it and they could
crosspost it to alt.binaries.animations??
You should get a new ISP ;)

I'll do it later tonight for you.
Covenant
2008-03-13 00:30:36 UTC
Post by n***@sysadmininc.com
Post by Covenant
I've tried the only animation binary groups my server carries...
Don't suppose you'd want to ask in there if anyone has it and they could
crosspost it to alt.binaries.animations??
You should get a new ISP ;)
I'll do it later tonight for you.
Yer a gent.

Pretty much guarantee no response, but you're a gem for trying!

Cheers
n***@sysadmininc.com
2008-03-13 04:40:17 UTC
Done.
Lamblies
2008-03-12 22:55:45 UTC
Post by n***@sysadmininc.com
Post by Covenant
I've tried the only animation binary groups my server carries...
Don't suppose you'd want to ask in there if anyone has it and they could
crosspost it to alt.binaries.animations??
You should get a new ISP ;)
I'll do it later tonight for you.
What.....get him a new ISP ??? :-)

Sorry........I'll get my coat!

Lamblies~
Bod
2008-03-14 12:47:33 UTC
Post by Michael A. Clem
Post by Covenant
OKay, NOTHING to do with Genesis
This is a cartoon, I always thought it was a Friz Freling one but I
could be WAY off base.
WHAT IS THIS CARTOONS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Sorry, doesn't ring any bells with me.
Sounds Like Tom and Jerry and the dog is Spike.

Stephen.
Covenant
2008-03-14 23:12:11 UTC
Post by Bod
Post by Michael A. Clem
Post by Covenant
OKay, NOTHING to do with Genesis
This is a cartoon, I always thought it was a Friz Freling one but I
could be WAY off base.
WHAT IS THIS CARTOONS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Sorry, doesn't ring any bells with me.
Sounds Like Tom and Jerry and the dog is Spike.
NAh...

I found out what it is...
Its a Walter Lanz cartoon called *Corny Concerto* (not to be mistaken with
the Warner Bros cartoon called *A* Corny Concerto)

The dog is indeed called (The) Champ, and his cat sidekick (manager) is
caled Doc.
They actual appeared in a series of 5 or 6 toons together.

So... FOund out its name, but can;t find the toon itself anywhere...
(The WB one I can find 50 million versions of!!)
Lamblies
2008-03-14 23:37:11 UTC
Doc prepares Champ for a comeback in the boxing ring when the punching bag
breaks. Upon repairing it, Doc mistakenly drops the hammer on Champ's foot
causing him to throw a painful fit. A beatnik notices his "dance" and offers
them money if they will play at his bar. Champ is a hit there too so Doc and
Champ keep going up and up with their "act" until Champ complains that his
feet are hurting. Just when they about to perform the greatest act of all at
Carnegie Hall, Champ walks off the stage. They are forced to return to where
they started, at the bar, where Champ gives the act an unexpected twist.
Covenant
2008-03-15 20:24:15 UTC
Post by Lamblies
Doc prepares Champ for a comeback in the boxing ring when the punching bag
breaks. Upon repairing it, Doc mistakenly drops the hammer on Champ's foot
causing him to throw a painful fit. A beatnik notices his "dance" and
offers them money if they will play at his bar. Champ is a hit there too
so Doc and Champ keep going up and up with their "act" until Champ
complains that his feet are hurting. Just when they about to perform the
greatest act of all at Carnegie Hall, Champ walks off the stage. They are
forced to return to where they started, at the bar, where Champ gives the
act an unexpected twist.
Yes..... I know....

But where IS the f***er !!!!!!

;' )))
Lamblies
2008-03-15 23:10:41 UTC
Post by Covenant
Post by Lamblies
Doc prepares Champ for a comeback in the boxing ring when the punching
bag breaks. Upon repairing it, Doc mistakenly drops the hammer on Champ's
foot causing him to throw a painful fit. A beatnik notices his "dance"
and offers them money if they will play at his bar. Champ is a hit there
too so Doc and Champ keep going up and up with their "act" until Champ
complains that his feet are hurting. Just when they about to perform the
greatest act of all at Carnegie Hall, Champ walks off the stage. They are
forced to return to where they started, at the bar, where Champ gives the
act an unexpected twist.
Yes..... I know....
But where IS the f***er !!!!!!
;' )))
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Out of interest I did some searching even isohunt etc for possible torrents
but only got lots of sources for the other sucker.

Your shit outta luck Cov.........a man with no concerto.

Lamblies~
Covenant
2008-03-16 13:25:06 UTC
Post by Lamblies
Post by Covenant
Post by Lamblies
[...]
;' )))))))

I know THAT too !!!!

But thanks for trying!!!
Godolphin&fellow
2008-03-17 03:21:30 UTC
On Mar 14, 7:12 pm, "Covenant"
Post by Covenant
Post by Bod
Post by Michael A. Clem
Post by Covenant
OKay, NOTHING to do with Genesis
This is a cartoon, I always thought it was a Friz Freling one but I
could be WAY off base.
WHAT IS THIS CARTOONS NAME !!!!!!!!!!!?????????
Sorry, doesn't ring any bells with me.
Sounds Like Tom and Jerry and the dog is Spike.
NAh...
I found out what it is...
Its a Walter Lanz cartoon called *Corny Concerto* (not to be mistaken with
the Warner Bros cartoon called *A* Corny Concerto)
The dog is indeed called (The) Champ, and his cat sidekick (manager) is
caled Doc.
They actual appeared in a series of 5 or 6 toons together.
So... FOund out its name, but can;t find the toon itself anywhere...
(The WB one I can find 50 million versions of!!)
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
Once in a dream I became angry at 2 or 3 crows that were in my house.
I let out with one hellacious scream, trying to frighten them.
Startled, they reacted by turning white. When I woke up I thought,
that's a pretty strange image.
A few years later watching an old cartoon (Heckle and Jeckel?) I saw
the very same thing happen as in the dream. - Obviously I'd seen it
and then forgotten it.

The mind is a deep deep thing.

n***@sysadmininc.com
2008-03-11 04:40:15 UTC
Post by Covenant
OKay, NOTHING to do with Genesis
This is a cartoon, I always thought it was a Friz Freling one but I could be
WAY off base.
Are you sure this isn't Itchy and Scratchy? lol