Finally, R & R Hall.....
Bmar
2009-12-15 16:11:56 UTC
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Abba, Jimmy Cliff, Genesis, the Hollies and the Stooges are on their
way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As announced today, the five
acts will be inducted in a ceremony on March 15.

"They represent a great cross-section of artists that define the broad
spectrum and history of rock and roll and people that have contributed
immeasurably to our business," Joel Peresman, president and CEO of the
foundation, said in a statement.

Nominees missing the cut this year are Kiss, the Red Hot Chili
Peppers, LL Cool J, Donna Summer, Laura Nyro, Darlene Love, and the
Chantels.

It was a long time coming for proto-punk band The Stooges, already
nominated eight times. Same for Genesis, which has been shut out in a
perceived slight by the Hall against art-rock bands.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09349/1021102-388.stm#ixzz0Zm4sPWDM
Umberto
GREAT NEWS!!! :)
raven1
2009-12-16 00:40:47 UTC
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Abba, Jimmy Cliff, Genesis, the Hollies and the Stooges are on their
way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As announced today, the five
acts will be inducted in a ceremony on March 15.
"They represent a great cross-section of artists that define the broad
spectrum and history of rock and roll and people that have contributed
immeasurably to our business," Joel Peresman, president and CEO of the
foundation, said in a statement.
Nominees missing the cut this year are Kiss, the Red Hot Chili
Peppers, LL Cool J, Donna Summer, Laura Nyro, Darlene Love, and the
Chantels.
It was a long time coming for proto-punk band The Stooges, already
nominated eight times. Same for Genesis, which has been shut out in a
perceived slight by the Hall against art-rock bands.
I don't know which I'm happier about: Genesis getting in, or the Red
Hot Chili Peppers being denied.
Mark Rae
2009-12-16 01:04:44 UTC

If they had any integrity, they'd turn it down...
Godolphin&fellow
2009-12-16 01:36:05 UTC
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
By Scott Mervis, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Abba, Jimmy Cliff, Genesis, the Hollies and the Stooges are on their
way to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. As announced today, the five
acts will be inducted in a ceremony on March 15.
A great opportunity for a genuine reunion! Would love to see the 5 go
onstage and play something 'in your face' like Fountain Of Salmacis or
whimsical like Seven Stones of DwtMK.

A case of Genesis breaking open the door for the others to follow? The
"Big Five" - as Progression mag's John Collinge termed it, KC,
Genesis, Yes, Tull and... of course... Kansas. Or did their later pop
success make their 'art rock' past all but irrelevant? KC would
probably have the inside track... as originators (arguably) plus their
being named by the likes of Nirvana gives them credibility where it
counts. Good news indeed.
Godolphin&fellow
2009-12-16 12:52:51 UTC
Hell of a URL but here's interviews with banks and rutherford about
the induction announcement

www.rollingstone.com/news/story/31347782/genesis_rutherford_and_banks_reflect_on_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_induction
Mark Rae
2009-12-16 14:26:19 UTC
No way in the world did Tony Banks say the word "gotten"...
progea
2009-12-16 15:15:40 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Godolphin&fellow
Hell of a URL but here's interviews with banks and rutherford about
the induction announcement
www.rollingstone.com/news/story/31347782/genesis_rutherford_and_banks...
No way in the world did Tony Banks say the word "gotten"...
An attempt to post an unbroken link here, otherwise you just get error
404 above. If I fail to, just Google "Rolling Stone Banks Rutherford"
and, like me, you will get the article from yesterday Dec 15th. So,
here we go:

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/31347782/genesis_rutherford_and_banks_reflect_on_rock_and_roll_hall_of_fame_induction