ok...just sat through the DVD...it was a quiet news day...
Slubberdegullion
2008-05-30 16:06:08 UTC
And you know...its pretty good and as a pretty long standing fan, I
think its worth buying and is actually mostly enjoyable.

But my expectations were pretty low....starting point was that I kinda
wanted them to live through the gig without the crash team being called
:) Chester looked pretty ropey, I know its more current to criticise
phil and all...

I mean hey - its full of songs that I really love (mostly), performed
well, crystal clear sound, fab visuals and some were surprisingly good
as well. Its not a passionless performance at all. These are middle aged
musicians - so the energy levels are where they should be...kinda half mast.

Some key changes for Phils voice (or so Im told...buggered if I noticed)
- but I think his voice was much better than the WCD tour...more colour
and a few high notes too. Daryl completely fucked up FOF as usual but
then bunged in a stunning impression of Steve on Ripples..

IKWIL was great, Domino superb...The whole Cage medley thing is pretty
dated and I wish they hadnt bothered...its not like they are going to
better the TSL version. They looked like they enjoyed the whole gig.

Personally if I want passionate, energetic, instrumentally powerful prog
then its Porcupine Tree or The Pineapple Thief and other bands of that
ilk that I listen to - especially live.

But for a nice trip down memory lane, nicely packaged and presented in
5.1..then this was a nice little reminder. Its not like I listen to them
much these days anyway - but once in a while.....you know....its
ok...been a long long time..

Only my thoughts - and not worth bothering telling me I'm wrong..but if
there are any fans who are put off by all the negativity and can afford
it...try it...

Ta

Slub
progea
2008-06-04 01:48:35 UTC
On May 30, 12:06 pm, Slubberdegullion
Post by Slubberdegullion
Only my thoughts - and not worth bothering telling me I'm wrong..but if
there are any fans who are put off by all the negativity and can afford
it...try it...
...or at a theatre hear them

http://blog.myspace.com/genesismusic

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Monday June 9th - Genesis/When in Rome in Movie Theatres

This Monday check out Genesis/When in Rome in select movie theatres.

Check out the link below for cities and theatres.

http://www.dandeentertainment.com/genesis.html

5:57 - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment -
mikeyk
2008-06-16 22:03:38 UTC
Compared to the Dusseldorf show that was leaked, the official release is
weak, I liked the addition of Come Rain or Shine. The only bad part of
the Dusseldorf show is the couple of audio drop outs that were in the
satellite feed, but the audio mix was absolutely amazing and sounds way
better than the official release of When In Rome. But hey, I guess
we'll take what we can get. Of course for those that weren't lucky
enough to grab the Dusseldorf original .ts file feed and instead have
the DVD conversion have nothing as a reference to compare the audio
difference, and it is staggering. But, this is my opinion, others may
feel differently.