Cesareo playing Rutherford
Mirobaldo
2010-02-21 20:38:31 UTC
Cesareo of Elio E Le Storie Tese playing Rutherford...
http://www.accordo.it/articles/2009/04/23285/cesareo-suona-rutheford-per-mogarmusic.html
Steve Turner
2010-02-23 02:04:29 UTC
Post by Mirobaldo
Cesareo of Elio E Le Storie Tese playing Rutherford...
http://www.accordo.it/articles/2009/04/23285/cesareo-suona-rutheford-per-mogarmusic.html
Pretty cool, except I have no idea who this guy is and I don't read Italian.
Anything in English that gives a bio and a description of the clip? I'd like
to know who the drummer is; he's damn good.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/
Umberto
2010-02-23 16:56:37 UTC
Post by Steve Turner
Post by Mirobaldo
Cesareo of Elio E Le Storie Tese playing Rutherford...
http://www.accordo.it/articles/2009/04/23285/cesareo-suona-rutheford-per-mogarmusic.html
Pretty cool, except I have no idea who this guy is and I don't read
Italian. Anything in English that gives a bio and a description of the
clip? I'd like to know who the drummer is; he's damn good.
"Cesareo" (it's a nickname) is the guitar player from Elio E Le Storie
tese, one of the finest Italian band ever. The drummer of the band is
Christian Meyer. Check this

Harlequin
2010-02-23 18:10:04 UTC
Awesome!
Mark Rae
2010-02-24 02:25:41 UTC
Post by Steve Turner
Post by Mirobaldo
Cesareo of Elio E Le Storie Tese playing Rutherford...
http://www.accordo.it/articles/2009/04/23285/cesareo-suona-rutheford-per-mogarmusic.html
Pretty cool, except I have no idea who this guy is and I don't read Italian.
And he so very nearly plays it in the right key as well!!! Still, what's a
semitone between friends, right...?
Phone Box
Is the definition of the right key... The key it was recorded in?
Mark Rae
2010-02-27 12:30:00 UTC
What do you think...?
Phone Box
2010-02-27 12:55:55 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Phone Box
Post by Mark Rae
And he so very nearly plays it in the right key as well!!!
Is the definition of the right key... The key it was recorded in?
What do you think...?
I have suspected that musicians play there own songs in different keys from
time to time. Some music books publish songs in different keys to the
recorded version. Simplification is one reason perhaps for a guitar over a
piano.

I wonder why he has chosen to play in another 'incorrect' key!
Covenant
2010-02-27 13:14:28 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Phone Box
Post by Mark Rae
And he so very nearly plays it in the right key as well!!!
Is the definition of the right key... The key it was recorded in?
What do you think...?
Personally I would have used the phrase, "Original" key.

*Right* key is kinda meaningless.
--
Covenant
A Man With Far Too Much Time On His Hands
raven1
2010-02-27 14:34:52 UTC
On Sat, 27 Feb 2010 13:14:28 -0000, "Covenant"
Post by Covenant
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Phone Box
Post by Mark Rae
And he so very nearly plays it in the right key as well!!!
Is the definition of the right key... The key it was recorded in?
What do you think...?
Personally I would have used the phrase, "Original" key.
*Right* key is kinda meaningless.
Very true. Did Genesis play the ending of "Supper's Ready" in the
"wrong" key live, or did they just play it in a *different* key from
the album?
Covenant
2010-02-27 16:25:53 UTC
Post by Covenant
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Phone Box
Post by Mark Rae
And he so very nearly plays it in the right key as well!!!
Is the definition of the right key... The key it was recorded in?
What do you think...?
Personally I would have used the phrase, "Original" key.
*Right* key is kinda meaningless.
Very true. Did Genesis play the ending of "Supper's Ready" in the
"wrong" key live, or did they just play it in a *different* key from
the album?
Can a group, who wrote the music, EVER play it in the *wrong* key?

;' )

"If you're listening to this song, you may think the chords are going
wrong... but they're not... he just wrote it like that..."
Mark Rae
2010-02-27 20:18:50 UTC
I'm guessing you missed the "Turn It On Again" tour - truly painful...
raven1
2010-02-27 20:47:00 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Covenant
Can a group, who wrote the music, EVER play it in the *wrong* key?
I'm guessing you missed the "Turn It On Again" tour - truly painful...
What was painful about it? I'd love to have heard the "classic" lineup
(or any subsequent lineups) performing "As Sure as Eggs is Eggs" live
in A, but the reality is that neither Gabriel nor Collins could have
sung it reliably in that key, and taking it down to G was the proper
solution. The same applies to any other tune when the singer can't hit
the notes in the original key. Does a song somehow lose its merits
when it's transposed?
Covenant
2010-02-28 02:24:59 UTC
Post by Mark Rae
Post by Covenant
Can a group, who wrote the music, EVER play it in the *wrong* key?
I'm guessing you missed the "Turn It On Again" tour - truly painful...
It would have been *mor* painful in the *original* key...

;' )
Mirobaldo
2010-02-25 23:58:48 UTC
Post by Steve Turner
Post by Mirobaldo
Cesareo of Elio E Le Storie Tese playing Rutherford...
http://www.accordo.it/articles/2009/04/23285/cesareo-suona-rutheford-per-mogarmusic.html
Pretty cool, except I have no idea who this guy is and I don't read
Italian. Anything in English that gives a bio and a description of the
clip? I'd like to know who the drummer is; he's damn good.
This guy, Davide Civaschi is the guitarist of my favourite (with the
PFM) italian band, Elio E Le Storie Tese:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elio_e_le_storie_tese

Also playing with Ike Wills Zappa music:

Santana:

James Taylor:

And... Rossini: