Meaning of "Firth of Fifth"
j***@gmail.com
2016-06-04 02:14:41 UTC
Googled it: "Female water spirit who can acquire a soul by marrying, and having a child by, a mortal" As in (Genesis' 'Firth of Fifth':"Undinal songs urge the sailors on..."

Read more at http://www.yourdictionary.com/undine#9yveEEPpFBDVrrpv.99
a***@gmail.com
2019-02-08 20:31:13 UTC
Yes, he was sacked for plagiarism. :)
w***@gmail.com
2020-06-26 18:21:30 UTC
I was sitting around listening to my favorite track, Firth of Fifth today
and started digging into the dictionary and the atlas. I never gave it much
thought, and never really wondered what a Firth was (or why there were 5 of
them, etc.). After discovering that a firth is a branch of the sea ("an
inland sea/his symphony"), I was looking at the map of the UK and noticed
that there are many firths surrounding Scotland. After that, I noticed a
Firth of *Forth* off the coast of Edinburg.
Is firth exclusively a Scottish term?
Is there a Firth of Fifth?
Is this a clever word-play on the band's part?
Is there some other deeper meaning that I have overlooked?
Are the events that Peter sings about related to actual history?
- He rides majestic past homes of men who care not...
- The scene of death is lying just below...
- The mountain cuts off the town from view...let it be revealed
- Undinal songs urged the sailors on...
So many songs like Eleventh Earl, Giant Hogweed, etc. are based in history,
I thought this one might be too.
Thanks,
-Dan {8{'>
...tired of reading about the new box set and website...
Yes the Firth of Fifth is just a play from the Fourth or Forth. (A river in Scotland)