PG: Rhythm1982
Chuck
2008-08-13 12:51:03 UTC

I think this is great. I've seen upwards of 100 concerts, and I still
have to say (if pinned down) that Novemeber 13th, 1982, Capital
Theatre, NJ was *the* best. Yes, I remember the exact date, it was
*that* good. The opening with this song was monstrous. He must have
walked over 30+ rows while singing "over me" with the headless mic
during 'Lay Your Hands'. The perfect lighting and theatrics to 'San
Jacinto' was perfect and hauntingly spine chilling.
This was taken during the summer WOMAD and obviously much less
rehearsed, but brings back great memories.
CB
phlip
2008-08-13 14:12:45 UTC
Agreed.

I saw him in '86, in Champaign, IL, and it's hard to explain to someone who
wasn't there, just how electric the crowd was because of his stage presence,
theatrics/lighting involved and performance. Granted, the SO tour was a bit
scaled down, I guess you could say, but still. But when the opening sounds
from "Lay Your Hands on Me" started, the crowd knew what was coming and it
was awesome, to say the least.

On a side-note, I showed the recently uploaded vids from the widely
circulated '86-87 Philly Spectrun show to my 8 year old, in particular, when
he falls into the crowd during, "Lay Your Hands on Me". He saw it, walked
away, and I said, laughing, "Not impressed?". He smiled, "Nah, not really."
:-D

Phlip